Sunday, July 25, 2010

Carnana Ice Cream

Shawn suggested the name for this one. We had blackened Swordfish again with jasmine rice and green beans. Shawn asked "So what kind of creative dessert are you gonna make for me now?"

In my mind, I was thinking "OH CRAP". I am not good at sweets. What the heck am I going to come up with? We didn't really have much to come up with....some baby banana's, sugar, vanilla ice cream....ummmmmm. Decided to make a caramel sauce, broiled banana's and ice cream!

I was so scared to make a caramel sauce....however, really easy.

1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
5 tablespoons butter

Heat that in a pan...slowly (low-med heat) until it is all melted together. Then add 1 cup of milk. Do this very slowly....and stir constantly. Once it is combined, take off of the heat.

I made a crust also....in a quiche dish, I combined about 1 1/2 cups of reg. bread crumbs and about 2 teaspoons of cinnamon. I broiled it until brown. Pull it out of the oven once brown and then the next step begins.

I chopped up about 8 baby bananas (just enough to cover the crumbs) and covered the bananas and crumb mixture with the caramel.

The oven was still on broil and I placed the dish into the oven and kept my eye on it until it was brown and bubbly. Once it is there, bring it out of the oven to let it cool a bit.

Put some vanilla ice cream in a bowl and spoon some of the banana mixture on top! YUMMMM!

No comments:

Post a Comment