Monday, July 26, 2010

Holiday Biscuits (just for you Kyla)

This is a family tradition for us. We have these for any holiday or special occasion. These can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or just as a snack. I usually make them in the morning of the special day. My hubby likes to drown them in maple syrup.

I use Bisquick for the batter. Use the recipe that is on the box for drop biscuits. EASY! I usually make the max serving.

While mixing the biscuits, also brown up some sausage. I use the tubes of Jimmy Dean sausage. Sometimes I use HOT, sometimes Maple, or sometimes Regular. It depends on your mood for that occasion! You will need 2 tubes if you are making the max serving of biscuits. Once that is browned, you may want to drain to get off the extra fat, however, the fat makes the biscuits extra moist.

Let the sausage cool. You will also need 2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese. Buy it pre-shredded, or do it yourself. This is another place where you can mix it up. Experiment with different cheeses. If you are using hot sausage, try some monterey jack or maybe manchego. Mozarella is great too...makes them a little gooey inside! You can see the possibilities.

Once the sausage is cooled, add it to the biscuit batter, and add your cheese, then mix together. All you have to do at this point is drop the biscuits onto a baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick spray and bake according to the directions on the Bisquick box!

You could also think about adding extra spices to the biscuit mix. If any of you reading this like the biscuits at Red Lobster...just leave out the sausage, and sprinkle with garlic salt before baking! YUMMMM!

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment