Dry Rub:
3 teaspoons salt (try sea salt...it works great with fish)
3 Tablespoons of paprika (I just used regular paprika from the store...however, you can look for sweet or hot...depends on your taste)
1 1/2 Tablespoon of fresh Thyme
3 teaspoons of onion powder
3 teaspoons of cayenne powder (if you like more heat, use more...if not...use less)
4 Tablespoons of fresh cracked pepper (use powdered if you don't have a grinder)
1 1/2 Tablespoons oregano (I used dried, however I am sure that fresh would have been better)
3 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
You will rub this on to the fish before you cook it (you can use any meaty fish if you can't get swordfish). Either grill or saute.
Recipe for sauce to cover fish (if you want-the fish by itself is awesome). You could use this for a dressing on veggies or rice if you wanted.
1/4 cup of chopped capers (rinsed from brine)
1 teaspoon of corriander
1/4 cup chopped shallots
1 large (or 2 small) chopped garlic clove
1 cup white wine (I used Pino Grigio)
2 cups fish or veggie stock (you could also use chicken if you wanted)
Salt and Pepper to taste
You are going to combine these ingredients in a food processor or bowl. Whisk or process in olive oil slowly until it starts to thicken. Once it is thick enough to drip off the back of a regular soup spoon, it is good. If you want to serve the fish warm, drizzle onto the fish when you serve...if you want to do it cold on a salad, let it cool, and then serve like a salad dressing (cold).
The sides are up to you. I made a boxed rice pilaf, and broccoli. I concentrated on the main dish and then worked from there.
One more post, many more to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment